Classified Listings

This page offers farmers, gardeners and consumers farmland, equipment and other opportunities. Listings will generally be posted for 60 days. Relistings are permitted.

Postings on this page are a member benefit for current NOFA chapter members and NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professionals (AOLCPs). Email listing requests here.

Kubota Diesel Engine Z600 (2-Cylinder Motor For Sale – Never Been Run)

 Posted March 13, 2017

The Kubota diesel engine was purchased about 28 years ago and ended up never being used.  Has been stored in a shed out of the weather and still sitting on its shipping crate.  Have the parts list and owner’s manual.  Interested in selling the engine for $300 or best offer.  Must have capabilities to pick up and remove.

To learn more about the diesel engine, contact Diane Stacy via email or call 401-949-2917.

Pat’s Pastured is taking orders for the spring ready to lay pullets.

Posted March 2, 2017

The pullets are Red Sexlinks with intact beaks, 17 weeks old. They are scheduled for delivery on or near April 26, 2017 and the cost is $6.75 each.
Minimum order is 50 and larger orders must be in increments of 50 birds.
We are accepting deposits online this year. The deposit cost is $.52 per bird ($.50 deposit and $.02 credit card fee)
Please email us at if you wish to order.
There are 5 pickup locations all over New England:
1) Pat’s Pastured, 830 South Rd East Greenwich, RI
2) Pete & Jen’s Backyard Birds, 58 Codman Rd, Lincoln, MA
3) Walpole Valley Farms, 663 Wentworth Rd, Walpole, New Hampshire
4) Stone Barns Center for Food, 630 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills, NY 10591
5) Zephyr Farm, 35 Pippin Orchard Rd, Cranston, Rhode Island
To learn more about Pat’s Pastured you can visit our website or our Facebook page.
Lisa DeCesare
Operations & Outreach Coordinator, Pat’s Pastured

Mike Roberts using pipe bender at Roots Farm

Pipe bender used at Roots Farm

Equipment Sharing – Pipe Benders for High & Low Tunnels
Pipe benders are available for loan or rent for up to 7 days at a time. Free for NOFA/RI members, $10 for non-members. Learn more about NOFA/RI’s pipe benders here. Reserve pipe benders via email to or call (401) 351-4633. Pick up and return pipe benders in Cranston. View instructional videos for using the benders or to order supplies, see Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

Rhode Island Agricultural Mediation Program (RIAMP). Through this program, we can provide mediations to producers who have received adverse determinations from the USDA or agencies of the USDA (for example, if RIDEM, as the accredited organic certifying agency under the USDA AMS National Organic Program, proposed suspension or revocation of organic certification) and also we can mediate credit issues with creditors and agricultural producers.  Our website is   Contact Erin M. Wright, Director of Operations, Center for Mediation & Collaboration RI at 401-273-9999.

Farmers Market Vendor Opportunities

  • Wyandotte in Mattapoisett, MA on Wednesday afternoons. Apply to Mike.
  • Church Green Farmers Market in Taunton, MA on Sundays. Apply via email or call 508-821-8358. Try a week or two free with no obligation.

Need Growing Space?
Would you like to grow veggies or herbs for your personal use but have no garden space? Silva Spirit Farm in Tiverton is now accepting applications for its Energy Exchange Greenhouse program. Offer a skill or talent to the farm in exchange for growing space in the farm’s hoop house. Call Carol Ann at (401) 624-1840 or email

Mike Merner with Earth Care Farm crew

Earth Care Farm crew

Earth Care Farm
RI’s oldest farm composter uses diverse and local ingredients including fish and food scraps. Farm tours available. Learn more at the website or Facebook page.

Find Farmland or Farmers
View the New England Farmland Finder website.View the New England Small Farm Institute website. Find farmland in Rhode Island at Find available farmland in New York state here.

Selling Land
If you plan to sell farmland, be aware of consequences associated with Farm Service Agency (FSA) programs.  For example, to sell land that is enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), the buyer must agree to continue the enrollment. If the buyer does not continue the CRP contract, you might have to refund all of your CRP payments. Please speak with an FSA representative to reviewing any program implications before completing a farmland sale.

Find Jobs or Post Job Opportunities 
View our Help Wanted page here.