NOFA/RI is Hiring a Social Media Manager
NOFA (Northeast Organic Farmers Association) RI’s mission is to help sustainable growers do what they do best: build soil, share knowledge, and feed our communities. We coordinate farmer-to-farmer mentorship, host an annual Winter Conference and a slate of on-farm workshops, and connect growers to resources and funding opportunities.
The social media manager position will help make these connections possible. Our ideal candidate is fluent in digital/social media content creation, comfortable communicating with people in a friendly way through social media and in person, RI-based, organized, able to manage several work streams, able to work flexible hours (some remote), available on weekends and occasional evenings for tabling events and attending workshops, and motivated to share stories and build relationships in a digital world. This is a part-time, grant-funded, independent contractor position.
NOFA RI is a 501c3 nonprofit and the smallest of the NOFA’s with just a handful of part-time and volunteer staff. Working well with those with a range of technical abilities is required as is familiarity with organic farming and the Rhode Island food & agriculture community.
- Develop social media campaigns
- Update social media accounts across all channels in line with NOFA’s mission
- Engage proactively with followers
- Serve as the contact person for digital engagement and communications
- Content writing for our website and other digital platforms
- Generate, publish, and monitor digital campaigns including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Track and measure data and metrics for grant-reporting
- Tabling events & Workshops
- Be a friendly presence and represent NOFA RI at farmer’s markets throughout the state on a regular basis
- Attend NOFA/RI events to represent and promote workshops, the farm advisor program, and our Winter Conference when requested
- Take photos and videos of events when appropriate for digital media content
- Update existing website regularly with newly created content.
- SEO management, optimization, and reporting
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Possess the ability to create engaging content across demographics
- Familiarity with organic farming and the Rhode Island food & agriculture community
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, accessibility, and relationship-building
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Organized and timely communicator
Start date: ASAP
Hours and compensation: Part-time. Compensation is based on experience and abilities.
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and qualifications with the subject line Social Media Manager.