FSMA Comments Deadline December 15, 2015
Share your concerns or suggestions on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). Tell the FDA about any specific ramifications for your own farm or local farmer near you. Once this rule is finalized, farmers will have to live with FSMA as passed.
See sample comments below for inspiration. Feel free to lift and edit sections or whole documents as you see fit. Please take the time to comment on the elements that are most important to you. The deadline to submit your comments is 11:59 pm tonight.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition guidance here
- Ginger Nickerson, UVM Produce Safety Coordinator’s comments here.
- Vern Grubinger, UVM Vegetable & Berry Specialist and NE-SARE Coordinator’s Produce Rule comments here.
- Vern Grubinger, UVM Vegetable & Berry Specialist and NE-SARE Coordinator’s Preventive Controls Rule comments here.
- NOFA/Mass overview here.
- Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation Action Alert here.
- Friends of Family Farmers (Oregon) sample comments here.
- Carolina Farm Stewardship comment guidancehere.
We suggest you write your comments in a document first, then paste or upload to: